Maida – 500 gms
Vanaspati – 50 gms
Omam (Ajwain) – 2 tsp
Cooking Soda – a pinch
Sesame Seeds – 3 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
1. Combine maida, salt, omam, sesame seeds and cooking soda.
2. Add vanaspati and mix well.
3. Make small squares or rectangles.
4. Using a knife make small cuts down the middle of the squares or rectangles.
5. Holding the ends, twist them and join the edges.
6. It should look like a karela.
7. Heat oil in a pan.
8. Fry these karela shaped till golden brown.
9. Remove and drain excess oil.
10. Serve hot with chutney or sauce.