Maida – 2 cups
Vendhiya Keerai (Methi) – 1/2 cup, ground, pureed
Salt as per tsate
Omam (Ajwain) – 2 tsp
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Oil for frying
1. Mix all the ingredients with little water and knead to a dough.
2. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
3. Make small squares or rectangles of the dough.
4. Using a knife make small cuts down the middle of the squares or rectangles.
5. Holding the ends, twist them and join the edges.
6. It should look like a karela.
7. Heat oil in a pan.
8. Fry these karela shaped till golden brown.
9. Remove and drain excess oil.
10. Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
Note: Image is only for illustration purpose and not that of the actual recipe.