Raw Rice – 2 cups
Urad Dal – 1/3 cup
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 2, copped
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the rice and urad dal for 5 hours, separately.
2. Then grind them, separately, into a fine paste.
3. Mix them together.
4. Add a pinch of salt and keep aside for 12 hours.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry the mustard seeds and bengal gram dal.
6. Saute the onions and curry leaves till onions turn golden brown.
7. Add this to the batter and mix well.
8. Pour the batter into a greased paniyaram maker and cook till the sides turn golden brown.
9. Serve hot with chutney.
does kuzhipaniyaram batter need to be fermented for 10-12 hrs?
can you please tell me the predicted amount of salt i can put for taste because i really dont no what is the right amount of taste the salt should give i have had past disasters of putting too much salt loll
Has anyone got idea of anyone selling Oxford Brand Kuzhi Paniyaram Pans ?
Thank you for this nice recipe. I will try this out and let you know how it tastes.