Raw Rice – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Diamond Kalkandu (Sugar Candy) – 1 cup (picture below)
Cardamom Powder – a pinch
Cashewnuts – 10
Raisins – 10
Ghee – 5 tsp
1. Dry roast the rice in a pan.
2. Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook till 4 whistles.
3. Grind the kalkandu in a mixie to a powder.
4. Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan.
5. Fry the cashews and raisins. Remove and keep aside.
6. In the same pan add the rice, milk, powdered kalkandu and cardamom powder.
7. Stir well to mix.
8. Remove to a serving dish.
9. Garnish with the fried cashews and raisins.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.