Rawa – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Kesari Colour Powder – a pinch
Mixed Fruits – 1/2 cup, chopped finely
Cashew Nuts – few, for garnish
Raisins – few, for garnish
1. Fry the cashewnuts and raisins in 1 tsp of ghee and keep aside.
2. Roast the rawa in the same pan and remove.
3. Heat 2 cups of water in a heavy bottomed pan.
4. Add the kesari powder and allow it to boil.
5. Add the roasted rawa and continue to cook till 3/4th done.
6. Now add the sugar, remaining ghee and mixed fruits.
7. Mix well and stir.
8. Cook for a minute or two and remove to a serving dish.
9. Garnish with the fried cashews and raisins.
Optional: Keep aside some of the fruits and use it for garnishing.
Image credit: Jaishree Iyer