Red Onions – 2, sliced thinly
Black Peppercorns – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dried Oregano – 1 tsp
Garlic – 4 cloves, peeled, halved
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Cider Vinegar – 2/3 cups
1. Heat a pan with enough salted water to cover the onions.
2. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
3. Drain well.
4. Coarsely grind the peppercorns and cumin seeds in a mixer.
5. Add to the pan along with the remaining ingredients.
6. Pour enough water to cover the onions.
7. Bring to a boil over medium heat for about 3 minutes and remove from heat.
8. Pour into a small bowl and allow it to stand for several hours before using.