Egg Whites – 3
Granulated Sugar – 1/3 cup
Coconut – 1 cup, unsweetened, shredded
Vanilla Extract – 1/4 tsp
Lemon Zest – 1/4 tsp
Almonds – 2 tblsp, sliced
1. Whisk the egg whites unti light and fluffy.
2. Add sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
3. Add coconut, vanilla extract and lemon zest.
4. Mix well to combine.
5. Drop 1 tblsp of batter onto a greased baking sheet.
6. Press 3 slices of almond into each cookie.
7. Bake for about 12 minutes in a preheated oven at 180C/350F.
8. Bake until macaroons are golden brown on the bottom.
9. Remove and keep aside to cool.
10. Serve with a chocolate dip.(optional)
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !