Beetroot – 1 large
Sambar powder or dry curry powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
A pinch of sugar
1. Wash and peel the skin of beetroot, cut into small cubes. Add just enough water and cook till soft.
2. Another method would be to boil the beetroot in a pressure cooker. cool and peel the skin and cut into cubes.
3. Heat oil, add seasonings , fry to a brown colour.
4. Add sambar powder, a pinch sugar, salt and saute for a while.
5. Remove from fire and mix thoroughly.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !