Green chilles – 2
Curry leaves – 2 sprig
Oil – 3 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Black gram dal – 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Wash and cut drumsticks into 1 – 1 1/2 ” length pieces, set aside.
2. Heat oil and add seasonings. When the dal turns brown in colour, onions. Fry till onions turn brown.
3. Add tomatoes, continue to fry adding turmeric powder, chilly and coriander powder. If too dry, sprinkle some water so that the vegetables do not singe. Add drumstick and continur frying.
4. When drumsticks have turned soft, add some water, salt and cover and simmer on low heat.
5. when done, remove from fire, transfer on to a bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves.