Lady’s Finger – 125 gms
Chopped, onions – 1
Small ball of tamarind – 1
Gingely Oil – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste.
fry in 1 tsp. oil :
bengal gram dal – 2 tbsp
Coriander seeds – 1 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Red chillies – 3-4
Grated coconut – 4 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 2 sprig.
1. Fry the chopped onions in 1 tsp oil.Cool, add the rest of the fried ingredients (from left hand side), grind to a paste.
2. Boil tamarind in water, take out extract. Add 1- 11/2 cups water, turmeric powder and salt, set aside.
3. Wash, wipe and cut lady’s finger into 2″ pieces. Heat oil, fry the pieces crisp. remove set aside.
4. To the oil in the kadai, add seasonings. When done, add tamarind water and boil for a while.
5. Now add the ground paste, mix. Add fried lady’s finfer and allow all of it to simmer for a while, till they blend. Remove from fire.
NOTE : the same kuzhambu can be prepared with tomatoes also. After frying onions, fry the tomatoes also and grind both with the rest of the fried ingredients. Follow the rest of the recipe. You can reduce tamarind if desired.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !