Kasundi is a popular Gujarati relish and is served as a dipping sauce for chaat items.
Ripe Tomatoes – 5, blanched, skinned and chopped
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garlic – 1 1/2 cloves, sliced
Oil – 1 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
White Vinegar – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. Fry the garlic and mustard seeds until it turns brown.
3. Add tomatoes, turmeric and red chilli powder and salt.
4. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes and pour the white vinegar.
5. Allow it to boil and reduce the flame.
6. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
7. Transfer to a clean jar and close with a lid.
8. Use as a dipping sauce for chaat dishes.