Squid – 500 gms, tentacles cut, hard beak portion removed
Oil – 2 tblsp
Garlic – 100 gms, minced
Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp, crushed
Oyster Sauce – 1 tblsp
Soy Sauce – 1/2 tblsp
Fish Sauce – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves to garnish
1. Remove the skin from the squid.
2. Butterfly the squid by making a lengthwise cut along the body of the squid.
3. Clean the insides and score the flesh by making criss-cross slits across the surface.
4. Slice into bite-sized pieces and dry thoroughly. Keep aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
6. Fry the garlic until golden brown.
7. Add the squid and the tentactles together with the seasonings.
8. Stir-fry for 4 minutes until the squid turns white or starts to curl.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve hot.