Catfish – 300 gms, cleaned, scaled and head removed
Oil for deep frying
Cashewnuts – 3 tblsp, roasted
For Green Mango Salad:
Green Unripe Mangoes – 3, small, peeled and grated
Small Onions – 6, sliced
Small Red/Green Chillies – 3, thinly sliced
Dark Brown Sugar – 2 tblsp
Fish Sauce – 1 tsp
Lime Juice – 1 tsp
1. Cut the fish lengthwise from below and carefully remove the bones.
2. Dry and keep aside.
3. Mix all the green mango salad ingredients.
4. Deep fry the fish in very hot oil until crisp and golden.
5. Drain and remove excess oil.
6. Arrange the salad in the center of a serving dish.
7. Place the fried fish next to it.
8. Garnish with roasted cashewnuts.
Tip: If you want it salty, add a bit more fish sauce or if you want it sour, add lime juice as desired.