Orange Juice – 450 ml
Lemon Juice – 150 ml
Water – 600 ml
Sugar – 350 gms
Orange Blossom Water – 2 tblsp
For the Topping:
Strawberries – 12
Apple – 1, small, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
Pear – 1, small, peeeled, cored and thinly sliced
Apricot – 1, peeled, stoned and thinly sliced
Raki – 3 tblsp
1. Strain the orange and lemon juice.
2. Mix the water and sugar in a pan.
3. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring all the time until the sugar dissolves completely.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
5. Add the orange and lemon juice and the orange blossom water.
6. Keep aside to cool.
7. Once cooled, pour into freezing trays and keep in a freezer for 3 hours.
8. Remove, spoon the mixture into a bowl and beat lightly.
9. Return to the trays and place in a freezer until set.
10. Meanwhile, place all the fruits for topping in a bowl.
11. Add raki and toss well so that the fruit is well coated.
12. Keep aside for 45 minutes.
13. To serve, scoop the sorbet into a serving bowl and spoon some of the fruit mixture over the top.
Note: Raki is a strong alcoholic spirit made in the Middle East.