Quinces – 6, large, peeled, cored and quartered
Sugar – 450 gms
Water – 900 ml
Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
Cinnamon – 2 inch stick
Cloves – 3, whole
Rosewater – 3 tblsp
1. Halve the quartered quinces.
2. Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a large pan, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Add the quince slices, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves.
4. Boil for 3 minutes.
5. Lower the heat and simmer for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Cook until the syrup thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
7. Remove from heat and discard the cinnamon stick and cloves.
8. Add the rosewater.
9. When completely cold transfer to a glass bowl and seal tightly.