Priest’s Kebab is a popular recipe from Turkey and is associated with Ottoman Cuisine.
Onions – 2, thinly sliced
Butter – 50 gms
Lean Lamb – 700 gms, cut into pieces
Water – 600 ml
Salt – 2 tsp
Plain Flour – 1 tblsp
Milk – 450 ml
1. Melt half the butter in a large pan.
2. Fry the onions until soft.
3. Add the lamb pieces and stir.
4. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
5. After 5 minutes, uncover the pan.
6. Stir the mixture and cover again.
7. Uncover again after 10 minutes, add water and salt.
8. Stir and continue to simmer until the water has evaporated.
9. Remove from heat and keep warm.
10. Heat the remaining butter in a small pan.
11. Remove from heat and add the flour.
12. Gradually add the milk, stirring all the time until smooth.
13. Add salt and return the pan to a low heat.
14. Cook until it thickens.
15. Transfer the meat and onion mixture to an ovenproof dish.
16. Pour the white sauce over the top.
17. Cook in a preheated oven at 180C/350F for 20 minutes.
18. Remove and serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !