Onions – 2, large, thinly sliced
Green Peas – 1/2 cup, cooked
Coriander Leaves – 1/4 cup, chopped
Salt as per taste
For the Uttapam Batter:
Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
Long-grain Rice – 2 1/2 cup
Water – 2 to 2 1/4 cups
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1/4 cup
1. Rinse and soak the dal in 5 cups of water for 5 hours.
2. Soak the rice in 4 cups of water for 5 hours.
3. Drain both.
4. Grind the dal with 3/4 cup of water to a smooth paste and transfer to a container.
5. Grind rice with 1 1/2 cups of water to a coarse paste.
6. Mix both the batters.
7. Add salt and enough water to make a thick batter.
8. Keep aside overnight.
9. Heat a dosa tawa over medium heat.
10. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread it gently into a mediium-large circle.
11. Spread the chopped onions and peas all over and cook.
12. Drizzle 1/4 tsp of oil on top and cook for 45 to 60 seconds over medium heat.
13. When the bottom is brown, remove from tawa and transfer to a serving dish.
14. Serve hot with chutney and sambar of choice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !