Jackfruit – soft and tender pulp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 2
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
1. Boil the inner pulp of the jackfruit with turmeric and salt till the pulp is cooked well.
2. Drain the excess water and crush the cooked pulp.
3. Grind the coconut and cut the chillies into tiny pieces.
4. Mix these with the pulp.
5. Fry the mustard seeds and the dal till the mustards crackle and dal turns brown.
6. Add some water to prevent their being charred.
7. Add to this the already prepared mashed pulp and again fry for a little while.
8. Serve as a side dish with sambar or rasam.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !