Chana Dal – 1 cup
Parval – 400 gms
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Dried Red Chillies – 2
Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the chana dal in water for half an hour.
2. Scrape the parval very gently and cut into half inch thick circles.
3. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the red chillies and allow to splutter.
4. Fry the parvals till light golden brown in colour.
5. Add salt to taste and mix gently.
6. Mix in the soaked chana dal and stir gently.
7. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
8. Add turmeric powder and salt.
9. Lower the heat and mix in 3 cups of water.
10. Pressure cook the dal on medium heat.
11. Cook till the dal is tender.
12. Serve with plain rice.