Prawns – 1 cup, peeled, deveined, minced
Celery – 1/2 cup, chopped
Egg – 1, beaten
Butter – 3 tblsp, melted
Flour – 3 tblsp
Milk – 3/4 cup
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Breadcrumbs – 3/4 cup
Flour for dusting
Salt as per taste
Pepper as per taste
Oil for frying
1. Mix the butter and flour till smooth.
2. Add milk and bring to the boil gradually.
3. Stir well to make sure no lumps form.
4. Cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Add the prawns, celery, chilli powder, salt and pepper.
6. Keep it in the fridge till firm.
7. Divide the mixture into desired shapes and shape into a croquettes.
8. Coat each piece with flour.
9. Dip in the egg followed by the breadcrumbs.
10. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
11. Serve hot.