Eggs – 8, separated
Flour – 1/2 cup
Water – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
Pepper as per taste
Butter – 4 tblsp
Cream of Tartar – 1/2 tsp
Milk – 1 1/2 cups
Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated
Butter for frying
1. Beat egg yolks with 1/4 cup of flour and 1/4 cup of water.
2. Beat till thick and creamy.
3. Beat the egg whites with cream of tartar till stiff but not dry.
4. Add the egg yolk mixture with the beaten egg whites.
5. Transfer them into 2 well-buttered cake pans.
6. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, melt butter in a pan.
8. Add the remaining flour, salt and milk.
9. Cook until slightly thick.
10. Add cheese and stir.
11. Place one baked layer on a serving plate and top with half of the cheese sauce.
12. Place the second layer on top and cover with the remaining sauce.
13. Cut the omelette and serve immediately.