Asparagus Spears – 3, tough ends trimmed
Eggs – 4, large
Sweet or Hot Spanish Paprika – 1 tsp
Olive Oil – 3 tblsp
Garlic – 1 clove, thinly sliced
Salt as per taste
1. Place the asparagus in boiling water and blanch for a few minutes until it starts to soften but still bright green.
2. Strain and cut into 1 inch pieces.
3. Beat the eggs in a bowl with paprika and salt.
4. Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
5. Add garlic and fry for a minute.
6. Add the asparagus and saute for a minute.
7. Add beaten eggs to the pan.
8. Cook over low heat, stirring all the time, until eggs are almost set.
9. Remove from heat.
10. Serve immediately.