Artichokes – 150 gms, marinated, drained and roughly chopped
Jamon (or Prosciutto) – 60 gms, chopped
Swiss Cheese – 125 gms, grated
Egg – 1, separated, yolks lightly beaten
Ground Black Pepper
Puff Pastry – 250 gms, ready-rolled
1. Preheat the oven to 220C.
2. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
3. Mix artichokes in a small bowl with jamon, cheese and egg yolk.
4. Add ground black pepper as per taste.
5. Cut the pastry into 2 1/2 inch circles.
6. Spoon a little of the artichoke mixture into the centre of each pastry round.
7. Fold over to form a semicircle and pinch pastry together to seal.
8. Place on the prepared baking trays.
9. Brush the empanadas with egg white.
10. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
11. Serve hot.