Raw Prawn Meat – 400 gms, diced
Pork or Bacon Fat – 60 gms, diced
Spring Onions – 4 inch piece, finely chopped
Egg Whites – 2
Fish Sauce – 2 tsp
Baguettes – 2, small and sliced
Oil for deep frying
1. Place the prawn meat and pork fat in a food processor.
2. Grind to a smooth paste.
3. Add 1 egg white, spring onion, fish sauce and pepper with 2 tblsp of water.
4. Process until smooth and light.
5. Spread evenly over each slice of bread.
6. Beat remaining egg white.
7. Brush over the filling and the bread crusts.
8. Heat oil for deep frying.
9. Slide in half the toasts, filling side down.
10. Fry until golden brown, turn and briefly fry the other side.
11. Remove and drain excess oil.
12. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !