Fresh Red Cherries – 500 gms
Cold Water – 300 ml
Caster Sugar – 175 gms
Chilled Water to serve
Ice Cubes to serve
1. Cut each cherry in half and remove the stone.
2. Place the cherries in a medium pan with the cold water.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer over a gentle heat for about 15 minutes until the fruit has softened.
4. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Transfer in a food processor and blend.
6. Mash through a sieve into a clean pan, pressing the pulp left in the sieve.
7. Add the sugar and, over a low heat, stir until dissolved.
8. Simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Pour into sterilized jars and store in a cool place.
10. Pour a little of the cordial into a glass and top with chilled water and ice.