Rice Flour – 2 kg
Urad Dal – 1 cup
Sesame Seeds – 500 gms, dry roasted
Coconut – 2, grated
Salt as per taste
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Butter – 2 tblsp
1. Sieve and dry roast rice flour.
2. Roast urad dal and grind to a powder.
3. Mix all the ingredients with water.
4. Knead to a pliable dough.
5. Make small marble sized balls of this dough.
6. Spread these balls on a cloth and allow them to dry for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or more.
7. Deep fry these in hot oil till medium brown.
8. Remove and drain.
9. Store them in an airtight container.
10. These stay good for a month if stored properly.
Tip: Ensure the balls are completely dry before frying them otherwise they will burst or break into pieces.