Urad Dal – 150 gms
Rice Flour – 2 kg
Cashewnuts – 100 gms, grind to a coarse powder
Ghee – 150 gms
Salt as per taste
Cumin Powder – a small pinch
Pepper Powder as per taste
Asafoetida – a small pinch
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp (optional)
1. Roast the urad dal and grind to a fine powder.
2. Dry roast the rice flour.
3. Mix the powdered ingredients together in a large pan.
4. Heat ghee in a pan.
5. Add the powdered mixture.
6. Dissolve the asafoetida powder in 20 to 25 cups of water.
7. Add it to the mixture.
8. Knead into a dough.
9. Roll out in flat thin 1 1/4 inch rounds and deep fry in oil.
10. Remove and drain.
11. Store it in an airtight container.
12. Stays good for 2 to 3 weeks.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !