Milk – 1 1/2 litres
Cornflour – 5 to 6 tsp
Saffron – a large pinch
Sugar – 1 1/4 cups, powdered
Pistachios – 30 to 40, soaked and peeled
1. Boil milk and reduce it to half the quantity.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Mix cornflour with a little water to make a smoth paste.
4. Mix this into the milk and cook till thick (like smooth cream).
5. Add saffron and stir well.
6. Keep aside.
7. When it is almost cool but still warm, add sugar and stir to dissolve.
8. Mix well.
9. Strain this through a fine sieve.
10. Put in small glass bowls and keep them in the fridge.
11. Just before serving, garnish it with the crushed pistachios.
12. Serve chill.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !