Urad Dal – 250 gms
Salt as per taste
Cumin – 1/2 tblsp, powdered
Oil – 125 ml, for deep frying
1. Soak the dal in water for 60 minutes.
2. Drain and spread out to dry.
3. Put 1/3rd of the dal on a dry cloth and tie it up.
4. Grind the rest of the dal into a fine paste without adding water.
5. Mix salt and cumin with both the dals.
6. Spread a wet cloth on a wooden board.
7. Make lemon-sized balls of the mixture.
8. Place on the cloth and use a damp pam to pat them or roll into thin small flat cutlets.
9. Deep fry in oil till brown.
10. Remove and drain.
11. Serve hot.