Onion – 1, sliced in rings
Cashewnuts – 8
1. Cut the mutton into 2 inch cubes.
2. Heat 1 cup of water in a pan.
3. Add the mutton and simmer to soften.
4. When the water has evaporated, add the meat on the grinding stone and pound to separate the meat into fine string-like shreds (like vermicelli).
5. Mix salt, ginger, garlic and chilli powder with the meat.
6. Fry well in ghee.
7. Remove and keep aside.
8. Fry the onions without oil.
9. Garnish the meat with broken cashewnuts and fried onions.
10. Serve hot.