Water – 3 litres
Rice – 1 kg
Salt – 1 tsp
1. Boil water in a pan.
2. Clean rice and wash several times.
3. When the water begins to boil, add the rice and salt.
4. Stir well, cover and leave to cook.
5. When rice is almost cooked but not quite ready, drain out all the remaining water.
6. Return rice to the pan and sprinkle 1/2 cup of water.
7. Stir to loosen the grains and drain again.
8. Put a cloth around and under the lid to absorb moisture.
9. Leave on a slow fire so that the rice cooks in its own steam for about 30 minutes.