Rice – 4 cups
Sago (Javvarisi) – 1/2 cup
Green Chillies – 15
Ghee – 5 to 6 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Asafoetida Powder as per taste
1. Combine and grind together rice and sago to a fine powder.
2. Grind together the green chillies, asafoetida powder and salt.
3. Combine the green chilli paste with 4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
4. Add the rice flour and cook for a minute or two, stirring all the time.
5. Remove and add ghee.
6. Knead well till the flour becomes soft and pliable.
7. Make small balls and roll them to a thin round shape.
8. Spread these under the sun or a fan till dry.
9. Once fully dried, store them in an airtight container.