Almonds – 1 kg
Sugar – 1 kg
Water – 1 litres
1. Blanch the almonds in enough hot water.
2. Soak for 15 minutes, then remove the skins.
3. Grind the almonds with enough water to make a smooth paste.
4. Put them in a pan and cover with water and boil on medium heat.
5. When it bubbles, froths on top and turns greenish, remove and strain quickly through a muslin cloth.
6. Put it back on fire.
7. Add sugar and bring to boil slowly, stirring constantly.
8. Remove from flame when syrups.
9. Use another muslin cloth to strain and let it drip through.
10. Transfer it to a bottle.
11. Refrigerate and serve diluted with water.
Note: this will turn white when diluted.