Maida – 1 cup
Sour Curd – 1 cup, whisked smooth
Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 inch piece, peeled and grated
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil for deep frying
1. Mix the maida flour with sour curd in a bowl.
2. Whisk till smooth and well blended.
3. Set aside for about 40 minutes.
4. Mix in the remaining ingredients, except oil, just before frying.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
6. Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil.
7. Lower heat to moderate and fry in batches, turning frequently, till brown and crisp.
8. Remove and drain the excess oil.
9. Serve hot with chutney of choice.