Rice – 1/4 cup
Toor Dal – 1/2 cup
Chana Dal – 1/2 cup
Bean Sprouts – 1 cup
Coconut – 3/4 cup, grated
Green Chillies – 5, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, chopped
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Salt as per taste
1. Wash rice and dals.
2. Drain and soak in 2 cups of water for 2 hours.
3. Drain and grind to make a coarse batter, adding 3/4 cup of water.
4. Add bean sprouts and grind for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients, except oil, and mix well.
6. Add more water if required to make a thick batter of pouring consistency.
7. Heat a tawa over moderate heat.
8. Pour a ladle of batter and spread to form a 6 inch round dosai.
9. Drizzle 1 tsp oil around edges.
10. Raise heat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, till base is golden brown.
11. Turn over carefully and fry the other side till crisp and golden.
12. Remove from heat.
13. Serve hot with chutney of choice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !