Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Green Chillies – 5, slit lengthwise
Salt as per taste
Spinach Leaves – 4 cups, finely chopped
Coconut Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
1. Place the tamarind extract in a pan.
2. Add green chillies and salt.
3. Bring to boil.
4. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Place 1/2 cup water in another pan.
6. Add the spinach leaves and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes till tender.
7. Cool and mash roughly in a blender.
8. Add the mashed spinach leaves to the tamarind extract.
9. Place pan over moderate heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
10. Heat the coconut oil and fry the mustard seeds till they splutter.
11. Stir the contents of pan into the keerai.
12. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !