Red Pumpkin – 500 gms, unpeeled
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Coconut Oil – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
For the Masala:
Fresh Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 3
Curry Leaves – handful
1. Chop the pumpkin into 1 inch cubes and keep aside.
2. Combine all the masala ingredients and grind to a fine consistency with 1/4 cup off water.
3. Keep the pumpkin, turmeric powder and salt in a pan over moderate heat.
4. Add 1/4 cup of water and cover pan.
5. Simmer pan for 6 to 8 minutes till pumpkin is tender.
6. Add the ground masala and simmer for a few minutes more.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Add coconuut oil and curry leaves.
9. Mix well and serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !