Milk – 2 cups
Gelatine – 1 tblsp
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Mixed Fruit Cocktail in syrup – 1 1/2 cups, chilled
Pink Food Colouring
Green Food Colouring
1. Boil 1 cup of milk and dissolve the gelatine in it.
2. Dissolve the sugar in the remaining milk over low heat.
3. Mix this with the gelatine milk.
4. Add the fruit cocktail syrup.
5. Divide the mixture into three bowls, colouring one a light pink, one green and leaving one white.
6. Leave to set, then chill until firm.
7. Cut the jellies into cubes.
8. Arrange in small glass dessert dishes.
9. Top each with a large spoonful of the cocktail fruit and syrup.
Tip: If you are not able to get Fruit Cocktail in Syrup, you can use Almond Extract or essence. Mixed Fruit Cocktail in syrupis available in most major supermarkets.