Duck – 1 kg
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Ginger – 2 tsp
Star Anise – 1
Soya Sauce – 2 tsp
Sesame Oil – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Pepper as per taste
Sherry – 1 tblsp
1. Mix the salt, pepper, sugar, sherry and garam masala powder.
2. Rub it outside and inside the duck.
3. Rub the ginger and star anise all over the duck and place the remaining inside the duck.
4. Keep aside for an hour.
5. Remove the ginger and star anise.
6. Pressure cook the duck for 40 minutes.
7. When cool, rub with the soya sauce.
8. Heat oil till very hot.
9. Add the sesame oil and reduce heat.
10. Deep fry the duck for 5 minutes.
11. Remove, cool and refry for another 5 minutes.
12. Repeat this once more till the meat becomes crisp, dry and crunchy.
13. Garnish as desired.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !