Tomatoes – 6, large and ripe
Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
Garlic – 3 clove, crushed
White Bread Slices – 3, crusts removed
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, chopped
Spring Onions – 1 tblsp, chopped
Salt as per taste
Pepper as per taste
1. Cut the tomatoes in half.
2. Scoop out most of the pulp and juice.
3. Sprinkle with salt and leave upside down in a colander to drain for about 2 minutes.
4. Then rinse the tomatoes.
5. Mix the olive oil and garlic together.
6. Brush both sides of the bread with this and allow it to soften.
7. Mix the bread, spring onions and coriander leaves until well mixed.
8. Press this mixture into the cut tomatoes.
9. Drizzle extra olive oil on top.
10. Grill in a pre-heated oven till the top is browned.
11. Serve hot.