Parboiled Rice – 1 cup
Moong Dal (with skin) – 1/2 cup
Soya Bean – 1/2 cup
Sunflower Oil – 3 tbsp
Salt to Taste
1. Soak the rice and dal for 4 to 5 hours.
2. Soak the soya bean for 6 to 7 hours.
3. Combine the three and grind into a fine paste adding little water.
4. Cover and keep aside to ferment for at least 7 to 8 hours or preferably overnight.
5. Add a little water to make the batter of required consistency. Add salt and mix well.
6. Heat a non-stick tawa, brush it with a few drops of oil and wipe it with a wet cloth.
7. Pour a ladle full of the batter and spread it with the help of the ladle in circular motion to make a thin dosa.
8. Cook for 2 minutes.
9. Roll the dosa when done.
10. Serve hot with green coriander chutney or coconut chutney.
Soya Bean is the richest source of protein. The fortification of rice and dal makes the dish rich in good quality protein.
Nutritional Value per Serving:
Carbohydrates: 50 gm
Proteins: 18 gm
Vitamin A: 99 mcg
Vitamin C: 0.6 mg
Fats: 9 gm
Calcium: 102 mg
Iron: 5 mg
Folic Acid: 28 mcg
Fibre: 2 gm