Vegetable Stock – 3 cups
Wontons – 3, boiled
Spring Onions – 1/2 cup, shredded
Cucumber – 1/2 cup, peeled and diced
Cornflour – 1 tblsp
Tomato Sauce – 3 tblsp
Vinegar – 2 tblsp
Sugar – 2 tblsp
Ajinomoto – 1/8 tsp
Red Colour – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Pepper as per taste
1. Heat the vegetable stock in a big pan over moderate heat.
2. Add the vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and tomato sauce.
3. Allow the stock to boil for 5 minutes.
4. Add the red colour and ajinomoto.
5. Mix the cornflour with a little water to make a paste.
6. Pour this into the boiling soup and allow it to thicken.
7. Keep stirring to ensure no lumps form.
8. Boil the soup for 2 to 3 minutes and then remove from the heat.
9. Before serving, heat it again, adding the spring onions, cucumber and boiled wontons.
10. Serve immediately.