Mushrooms – 50 gms
Soya Sauce – 2 tblsp
Sherry – 3 tsp
Soda Bicarbonate – a pinch
Ginger – little, grated, for garnishing
Salt and Pepper as per taste
1. Soak the mushrooms in 8 cups of water for 15 minutes.
2. Drain and remove the stems.
3. Put the mushrooms in a thick bottomed saucepan with just enough water to cover them.
4. Place it on fire and bring to a boil.
5. Add the soya sauce, sherry, salt, pepper and soda bicarb.
6. Allow to simmer till the mushrooms are tender.
7. Garnish with grated ginger.
8. Serve hot.