Rolled Oats – 3/4 cup
Raw Rice – 2 1/2 cups
Rice Flakes – 3/4 cup
Fresh Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Green Chillies – 5
Sour Curd – enough to soak
Salt as per taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Broken Cashews – 1 tbsp
Grated Ginger – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 tbsp, finely cut
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tbsp
1. Soak rice separately in water for 2 hours.
2. Soak rice flakes, oats in sour curds for 30 minutes.
3. Grind chillies, coconut, salt together and add soaked rice flakes, oats to that and grind coarsely.
4. Grind rice separately to coarse rawa consistency.
5. Mix both together and allow to ferment until next day.
6. Next day morning soak bengal gram dal in water for 1 hour and add to the idli batter.
7. Heat oil, add mustard seeds, and allow to crackle.
8. Fry cashews in the same oil and mix to the batter.
9. Cut curry leaves very finely, grate or chop ginger and mix with the batter.
10. Steam cook the idlis for 30 to 40 minutes.
11. Cut into squares and serve hot with coconut chutney.