Red Chillies – 5, large, deseeded and chopped
Garlic Cloves – 3, chopped
Tomatoes – 500 gms, diced
Sugar – 125 gms
Red Wine Vinegar – 125 ml
1. Place the chillies, garlic and half the tomatoes in a food processor.
2. Blend until pureed.
3. Pour this in a large heavy pan with the sugar, vinegar and remaining tomatoes.
4. Bring to boil.
5. Simmer for 45 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
6. Set aside to cool.
7. Pour this relish into clean jars and close with a lid tightly.
8. This stays good in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.