Ghee – 3/4 cup
Cashewnuts – 2 tblsp, halved
Sultanas – 2 tblsp
Fine Rava (semolina) – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Milk – 2 cups
Bananas – 2, ripe
Green Cardamom – 1 tsp, powdered
Saffron Strands – 1/2 tsp, soaked in 1 tblsp milk
1. Heat 2 tblsp of ghee in a deep frying pan over low heat.
2. Add cashewnuts and fry till golden.
3. Drain and set aside.
4. Add sultanas and fry till they puff up.
5. Drain and keep aside.
6. Add 1/4 cup of ghee to the same pan.
7. Add rava and fry over low heat till pink.
8. Remove and keep aside.
9. Combine sugar and milk in a pan.
10. Bring to boil over moderate heat.
11. Lower heat and add rava gradually stirring all the time.
12. Cook over low heat till milk is completely absorbed, stirring all the time to prevent lumps.
13. Peel and cut bananas into 1/2 inch cubes.
14. Add to the pan with 1/4 cup ghee, cardamom powder and saffron.
15. Mix well and cook till it leaves the sides of pan.
16. Transfer to a serving dish.
17. Garnish with cashewnuts and sultanas.
18. Serve hot or at room temperature.