Milk – 1 glass
Dates – 3, deseeded and chopped
Figs – 2, washed
1. Soak the dates and figs in 1 cup warm water for 30 minutes. Drain.
2. Heat the milk, add the dates and figs and allow the milk to boil.
3. Simmer for 5 minutes on slow flame.
4. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
5. Blend in a liquidizer for 2 minutes.
6. Serve hot with salads and raita.
Dates are a good source of iron and fibre. Figs are high in calcium, carbohydrates and iron. For anemia, soak 2 to 3 dried figs overnight in 1/2 cup milk or water. Eat with milk the next morning. Continue for a month for best results.
Nutritional Value per Serving:
Carbohydrates: 9 gm
Proteins: 2.8 gms
Vitamin A: 60 mcg
Vitamin C: 2.2 mg
Fats: 2 gms
Calcium: 100 mg
Iron: 0.6 mg
Folic Acid: 6.5 mcg
Fibre: 1 gm