Moong Dal – 1/2 cup, soaked in water for 4 hours
Rice – 1 1/2 cups
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
1. Grind rice and urad dal to a flour.
2. Drain and grind moong dal.
3. Steam till set.
4. Crush the dal mixture.
5. Add water to sugar and boil till syrup achieves one-thread consistency.
6. Add moong dal, coconut and cardamom powder. Mix well.
7. Cool and knead into small balls.
8. Mix rice and urad dal flour.
9. Add salt and prepare a batter. Keep aside for an hour.
10. Heat oil in a pan.
11. Dip each ball in the batter and fry till golden.
12. Make all in the same way.
13. Serve with ghee.