Urad Dal – 100 gms
Green Chillies – 2
Asafoetida – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Mustard – 1 tsp
Oil to temper
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
1. Soak urad dal for 1 hour.
2. Add green chillies, salt, a pinch of asafoetida and grind it into a thick coarse paste.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan.
4. Add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add grated coconut, cooked urad dal mix.
5. Add a bunch of curry leaves.
6. Place this on idli plates and steam.
7. Remove and when it cools a little separate them gently.