Yam – 500 gms, peeled and cut into 1 inch finger chips
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Rice Powder – 2 tblsp
Salt – 1 tsp
1. Boil 1 litre of water with a tst of salt.
2. Add yam and boil it for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, cover pan and set aside till cool.
4. Drain yam thoroughly.
5. Add salt if required and sprinkle turmeric and chilli powder.
6. Heat oil in a kadhai.
7. Sprinkle rice powder over yam and toss well to coat.
8. Fry the yam chips in batches till golden.
9. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
10. Serve hot with plain rice immediately.
Tip: The yam chips will become soft very quickly, so they should be served immediately.